Monday, February 13, 2012

RACE REPORT from LLTH 2012

OK, this is one of the toughest 50k's I've attempted, and I've done a few. The course is constant up/down and the weather this year was not so pleasant (18F at start w high winds) however the trail was in perfect condition, which allowed for some good times. Not by me (DNF) but by the top 5 guys. Winning time was 4:45 I think by Eric Grossman

Went out at a 5 hr pace as that was my plan. Why? to test my fitness and I didn't want to be out there all day, it was COLD.:)
By mile 21 I knew I was done (foot problems I'll have to solve) and my old core/groin injury wasn't feeling the best. So I dropped at mile 24. (smart move as many races ahead)
This race can be ran well if your smart, know when to go and stay nourished. I'm thinking I'll go back if the conditions are right.

BRING ON WARM TEMPS!!!!

2 comments:

Mudrunner said...

Nice post, it was a great race report. Thanks for sharing ! Congratulations for a great job well done and looking forward always for more udpates.

johnny said...

mudrunner..ha I don't really give detailed race reports..as far as a job well done , yea, maybe for 21 miles but the race was 31ish..hope to be able to give a race report with a finish soon...