Friday, March 23, 2012

SAVAGE GULF MARATHON

This first year trail Marathon was awesome. For a first year race, it was well put together and thought out! Unlike my race plan !!


I have run here before and totally forgot how difficult this place could be. Add to that the heat element, which has come a little early here in Middle Tennessee, and you could have been in for a long day!


I raced a 50K three weeks before this race and gave myself plenty of recovery time. What surfaced from this race was the same old injury I've been dealing with since the 2010 Tashka 50K. The groin?hip flexer problem.


The Savage Gulf trail is so up/down that by mile 15 I was done. As my hip flexor/core was so fatigued that I really couldn't run anymore. The one good thing is that I didn't injury myself more so back to rehab, trying to get stronger, last a little longer etc..

I do plan to go back to this race and run it smarter, harder and place in the top 10. This year I hobbled in at 15th place in 6:48

Thanks to the Park Rangers and all who made this race happens!!!

1 comment:

David Haas said...

Hi,
I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
David