Sunday, March 7, 2010

Malibu Creek 50K race report

Sunday was a great day for a 50k. It was 65F and sunny. It had rained the previous night so the trails were in perfect condition. This race was the Bulldog 50k ran backwards. The result: harder as the climb was a lot longer. However, I believe I liked this course better.

I had some GI issues on lap one..which cost me a little time. But those things happen.:) Afterward I felt way better and caught the 5 people who passed me by.

Climbing the mountain 2x was hard. Seemed like it would never end.But when it did, there was a quad pounding down hill for 3 or so miles. But the view: totally awesome. My wish was that all my close close friends were with me to see what I saw today. Just so hard to describe in a blog post.

My proud accomplishment today? I made a move with 2 miles to go..going from 15 or so to 10th overall..made it on the last small rise. Trying to break the spirit of those I passed with the chance they would let me go. However, like Pre..it failed. But I didn't care..I chanced it, killed what I had left of my quads and dropped to 16th with 1 mile left..I can live with it. Making me all the stronger for my future 50milers

No comments: