Monday, January 2, 2012


Well another year completed. Don't know if I should rehash the previous year or post about the year ahead. Hmmm, Ill do a little of both.
Looking back 2011 was a pretty eventful year when it comes down to adventures. The Pike's Peak WINTER climb was awesome and came about with no problems. It's awesome when you plan things out and they go accordingly. Same thing with the Grand Canyon R2R2R, although I'd love to have done it in 12hrs.
2011 was not so great when it came to racing as I was still injured and my times were off somewhat. However, I did set some of my PR's on certain courses so I can't complain too much about that.
Now on to 2012..pretty easy actually. Definitely need to drop some weight and I've done it before so just need to prioritize it. Training is nothing new either as I've been doing it seems like forever so just need to stay motivated and injury free.
Races scheduled for 2012 are:
Jan-0
Feb-Lovin the Hills 50k (Ky)
Sycamore canyon 50k (California)
Mar-local shorter races around Tn.
April-Leona Divide 50 miler( California)
May-Rock Creek trail marathon
June-3 day 3 mountain Stage race (Tn)
So there is my 1 5-6 months laid out. Let's see if I can do it and do it well!! As far as adventures I'm working on some. More of that later.
Inspirational quote: All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

No comments: