Sunday, February 28, 2010

BLACK WARRIOR 2010

So the first race of the year is complete. I went into this race knowing I had good fitness, but one never really knows until you get out there and do it. The 50K was ran on a beautiful day with highs in the 60's. I ran well. Paced myself...fueled myself. However, at mile 26.6 I ran out of fluids(due to heat)...I did suffer until mile 28 aid station. This little mishaps cost me a couple places but still got a top 10 and ran a 5:04. Five minutes or so better than last year!!! So I'm happy. Not enough time for post race-depression to set in as I'm headed to California to race in one week. Sweet! Another 50K then Surf!!!

Congratulations to Ted, Jillian and Amy. They all ran Race Judicata this weekend and did well!!
Ted ran a 16:15 for the 5K. Jillian won the women's 10k in sub 40min and Amy came in 2Nd. Job well done to these folks as I know they put a lot into their training..and some of it is with me.:) So I get to see it first hand.

The running streak is still alive. Going on over 60 days straight of running..no off days...I feel good, but I know others do to. I believe it's going to be a long competition!!

No comments: