Sunday, February 14, 2010

Race Week 2010

This coming week I'll be back on the 50K circuit, racing in Alabama this coming Saturday. Then I'm pretty sure out in California in March. It will be good to get the first one out of the way.

I had a solid week last week. Did 30 miles in two days plus 2 speed sessions and finally got my mile time under six minutes per mile on my repeats.

Congratulations to Chris, who won this past Saturday. Frost Bite half marathon in 1:11 and change. Ted, I'm sure would have gave him a challenge but we were to busy racing baja style
in his truck in the wilds of Tennessee. We made it to the race but way past the start time. Still got our workout in which was fun. Also, I had a couple of runners I coach out on the course so it was nice to run up on them to see how they were doing.

My running streak is still in tack..over forty days of running...rain,snow ice and feeling good. We have had two drop out. Jeff (broken ankle) and Trent. I believe there are still 5 of us in the thing.

So stay posted for Black Warrior results..just want to get a good solid race in as this year I'm using these 50K's to help with my 50 milers

No comments: